SureCrete’s HS 240 is a premium, high performance, single-component, 20% acrylic solids, low VOC (400 grams per liter), sealer designed for concrete or any cement based product.
- Coverage: Approximately 200-240 sq. ft. per gallon per coat
- VOC Rating: less than 400g/L
- UV Stable
- Single Component
- Vapor Permeable
- Formulated for Extreme Climates
- Water and Chemical Resistant
- 20% Acrylic Solids
- Slows Moisture Migration and Efflorescence
- Low VOC Freeze/Thaw Driveways
- Lower Solvent Cold Weather Walkways and Sidewalks
- Property Management Stairwells
- Resealing Over De-Laminated and Worn Sealed Concrete
- Freshly Poured Stamped Concrete in Freeze/Thaw Climates
- Tightly Troweled Garage Floors in Low VOC States
- New Residential and Commercial Pool Decks
As with most acrylics it is vapor permeable and readily applies outside. However, HS 240 is specially formulated for extreme climates where a low VOC sealer is required. Its nano-sealer technology deeply penetrates and reacts internally with cement, slowing moisture migration and efflorescence and intensifying bond capacity. Even in warmer climates HS 240’s slower evaporating solvents will not apply a cotton candy effect before the applicator can finish a tight, smooth surface. A single coat application will provide a UV shield, enhance the beauty, and protect the surface of driveways, garage floors, patios, walkways, pool decks, and stucco.
HS 240 was specially designed meet the challenges posed by some of the harshest freeze/thaw cycle climates in the world. In these difficult to deal with climates, many applicators and DIY weekend warriors alike have elected to forego sealing new concrete substrates, driveways and sidewalks altogether because of the excessively high de-lamination and subsequent failure rate associated with typical exterior acrylic sealers in these areas.
Since many of the areas that deal with these problems also adhere to a stricter statute of solvents or VOC laws, we formulated HS 240 to be give these contractors and homeowners a sealer that could not only help protect and strengthen their freshly poured concrete driveways and walkways, but also manage to do so while adhering to local VOC laws. HS 240 is also available in a matte finish for those needing the protection of an acrylic exterior sealer without the typical gloss sheen.