The Alpha® 5" Vexcel Rigid Grinding Disc is designed for general purpose, heavy duty material removal applications whether it is concrete, cast iron, steel, stainless steel, non-ferrous metals, metal alloys, carbon fiber reinforcement plastic (CFRP), glass fiber reinforcement plastic (GFRP), natural and engineered stones. The rigid, steel base with a curved design creates a very aggressive grinding action and the fluoric rubber backing reduces noise and vibration. It minimizes sparking so you can avoid toxic air and pollution. The Vexcel's heavy duty multi-layers of diamond grits ensure aggressive material removal and long product life.
The Vexcel grinding wheel is available in 4.5”, 5” and 7” with 7/8” arbor or with 5/8”-11 zinc hub. Ideally used with the Alpha 5" High-Speed Angle Grinder HSG-125.
- Heavy duty diamond grits for maximum performance
- Fluoric rubber backing to reduce noise and vibration
- Available in 2 Arbor Styles: 5/8-11 Zinc Hub and 7/8" Round
- Available in 4 Diamond Grits: 25, 35, 50, and 80:
- 25-grit disc: the most aggressive of the group and ideal for fast material removal leaving a rough surface with many visible cut markings
- 35 and 50-grits: efficiently removes material with increased control and increasingly finer finishes
- 80-grit disc: offers a great amount of control for fine cutting and shaping of material leaving only fine cut marks in the material's surface
If you are going to fine polish concrete or stone after using the Vexcel Rigid Diamond Grinding Discs, a 100-grit flexible diamond polishing pad should be used before graduating to respectively finer grit diamond pads.
Max. Speed: 12,200 RPM
CHENG CONCRETE PRODUCT REVIEW
Vexcel Rigid Grinding Discs are the latest innovation from our friends at Alpha Professional Tools and we couldn't be more impressed. These heavy duty 5" diamond grinding discs are ideal for grinding concrete, steel, wood, plastic, granite, marble, other natural stones as well as engineered stone--it's a truly an all-purpose grinding disc. Whether you're smoothing rough concrete or flush grinding a weld, the Vexcel Rigid Grinding Disc is the one tool that does it all.
These grinding discs are longer-lasting, quieter and easier to control than any of the other grinding discs we've tested. The Vexcel's multi-layers of diamond grit provides heavy duty performance and quick material removal which means less time and energy spent doing the work! It's also great because the curved design of the steel base features a flouric rubber backing that minimizes noise and vibration saving us on ear plugs and ibuprofen! We give double thumbs up on Vexcel Rigid Grinding Discs.