Recycled Green Bottle Glass
Finally a 100% post-consumer recycled glass that’s crushed, graded, and blended for use in concrete terrazzo mixes.
- Perfectly proportioned for use in Xtreme Terrazzo Mix by Surecrete
- Earn LEED credits for your project under MRcr4
- Made from a variety of post-consumer green beer and wine glass bottles.
Each 25 pound bag contains a blend of crushed glass formulated to create a dense terrazzo matrix. Sizes from fine “sand” particles through 3/4” chips are precisely proportioned to insure consistently even aggregate distribution.
Use crushed amber bottle glass in cementitious or resin bases terrazzo mixes to make recycled glass countertops, fireplace surrounds, wall panels and tile. Customize with concrete pigments and choose from an array of sealers to fit your specific need.
Precast your own recycled glass countertop with Xtreme Terrazzo Mix by Surecrete:
- Use up to 80 lb. of recycle green bottle glass with each 50 lb. bag of terrazzo mix by Surecrete.
- Add CHENG SmartColor or Surecrete Color Packs to create endless color options.
- Grind and polish the surface to expose an array of recycled glass aggregates.
- Un-mold and start grinding 24 hours after casting
USGBC LEED credit calculation reference guide:
- Crushed green bottle glass qualifies for LEED credits under USGBC MRcr4
- 1 Credit if cost of crushed green bottle glass exceeds 10% of concrete mix costs.
- 2 Credits if cost of crushed green bottle glass exceeds 20% of concrete mix costs.
- Recycled content certifications are available upon request.
Coverage: 75 lbs crushed bottle added to 50 lbs of Xtreme terrazzo mix will yield 1.2 cubic feet.
Before you start:
- Always wear a particle mask when working around glass or concrete dust.
- Wear heavy duty gloves to prevent cuts when working with crushed/broken glass.
- Prepare samples before starting a project to avoid being “surprised” by the end results.