Directions For Use
Before you start:
- Read (and FOLLOW) all of RJSC's technical data sheets and application instructions.
- Surface must be totally clean and free of surface moisture. It must be absorbent!
- If the concrete/cement has been acid stained or etched follow the instructions for "Alternative Instructions for Placement Over Acid Stain/Etch".
- For some cement and concrete installations, O-S/W™ Substrate Conditioner is applied prior to StoneLok “E3”.
- For most substrates, StoneLok “E3” can also be applied over RJSC TK6™ NanoCoat.
Product, substrate and site temperature, when mixing, during application and during cure, must be 60º- 85º F., with humidity <60%, and with good air circulation (typically box fans are required) for normal cure.
One Unit = 2 Containers. Identify the bottles. (They are shipped in correct mix ratios.)
- A = Resin Part “A”
- B = Catalyst Part “B”
Directions must be followed exactly.
- Pour Part "B" into Part "A".
- Immediately mix well by shaking for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Wait 10 minutes [induction time]. Pot life is about 45 minutes. [Induction times and pot life are at room temperature]
- Apply with short nap roller (3/16” or max 1/4”) or paint pad in standard “V”/”W” pattern lay-down with back-roll as below:
- Load roller. Create a "V" or “W” in a 4’ x 4’ AREA. Do NOT pour product onto surface.
- Working in a pull/push mode (away from you and towards you), quickly spread the material. Work with a free hand. The idea is just to spread material evenly.
- Lightly back-roll. Do not overwork.
- Repeat the above adjacent to the first area, overlapping the new "V"/”W” slightly into the old.
Work fast so that overlaps arewet to wet.
Alternative is to apply with HVLP Sprayer with 6.19 tip and minimum 50% overlap at about ~5.5 - 7 ml WFT for porous or heavily acid-stained concrete; at ~4 - 5 mls WFT for tighter surfaces and/or over primer. You want an even coat that gets substrate totally covered, but without pooling.
For added durability, heavy acid staining, very porous substrates, or potential standing water, apply two coats - with 2nd coat applied when 1st coat is print-free and totally clear (no haze). This is typically after 8 hours.
NOTE: If you have applied a very heavy coat, especially under cool conditions/low air circulation, time until clear will increase.
- When final coat “E3” is print free, totally clear (no haze), typically in 8 hours, topcoat (optional) with StoneLok “2K”, StoneLok “MLT Plus” or SuperTop™ XL.
- Observe Post-Application Precautions.