CHENG D-FRC Casting Mix - Gray Base
CHENG D-FRC Mix® by Surecrete requires the addition of Xtreme Series Modifier to perform as specified. Each 50 lbs bag of CHENG D-FRC is blended with 1 gallon of Surecrete Xtreme Modifier before casting. This advanced fiber reinforced concrete is formulated to allow saturated colors in a convenient dual-component package.
Casting Mix is a versatile gray cement blend that makes pouring, spraying and even hand-packing concrete an easy to follow, no-fuss process. Use Casting Mix to create flawless concrete countertops, wall panels, floor tile, fireplace surrounds and furniture.
VERSATILITY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
- Strong �— The highest quality cements, fibers and selected sands are expertly portioned and blended by the most progressive mix designers to insure each bag of CHENG D-FRC Casting Mix will consistently yield compressive strengths greater than 10,540 psi and flexural strengths of 1,464 psi.
- Fast — Save time and money with unbeatable project turn-around times and 24hr mold rotations. With CHENG D-FRC Casting Mix it’s possible to pour, cure, un-mold and reset the forms within a 24 hour period. Note: Larger projects should be allowed to cure up to 48 hours before un-forming.
- Pourable — Blend each 50lb bag of Casting Mix with one gallon of Surecrete Xtreme Modifier and pour — it’s that easy. To eliminate encapsulated air, molds should be vibrated until the mix is fully consolidated. To create a higher-flow mix, add up to 16 oz. of additional water without compromising the overall strength or effecting cure times.
- Sprayable — Simplify the most complex shapes when you spray Casting Mix through a
GFRC Hopper Gun. The versatile mix consistency and fine fiber matrix make CHENG D-FRC Casting Mix one of the few fiber reinforced concrete mixes that can be sprayed directly into a mold with low cost off-the-shelf hopper guns.
- Packable — Convert CHENG D-FRC Casting Mix into a superior structural layup by adding
basalt chopped fiber. Once the Casting Mix and modifier are throughly blended, gradually add chopped basalt fiber to the mix until you’ve achieved a desired consistency.
THE COLORS YOU LOVE
- Deep Color — Formulated for the most luxurious color palettes, the CHENG D-FRC’s gray cement blend is a perfect base for achieving colors that are rich, warm, and saturated.
- Natural Color — Whether you’re creating the blues of a deep ocean, greens of a lush forest, or volcanic reds and blacks, CHENG D-FRC Mix provides a consistently solid color foundation. Use the popular CHENG SmartColor palette or your own favorite concrete color formulations to create an endless collection of color choices.
- Timeless Color — Founded on a principle that good design is timeless design, CHENG Concrete is committed to providing products that will be desired for decades to come.
- Polymer Free Formulation — Xtreme Series Modifier can be shipped without special packaging or associated costs for freeze protection. Freezing will not effect the performance of these polymer-free liquids.
- ASTM C-109-08 Compressive Strength — 10,730 psi
- ASTM C348-08 Flexural Strength — 690 psi
- Reduced Material Needs — Average concrete countertop and table top thickness is 3/4”. Small tile 1/4”-3/8” thickness. Large tile and wall panels 3/8”-1/2”
- Flexible Casting Temperatures — 40º - 90ºF
- Convenient Packaging — 50 pound plastic lined bags
- Coverage — 9.8 square feet at 1/2” thickness
Test 1 - 2 - 3