Concrete Coatings Microtek - 20 lb Bag Smooth-Grade Gray Concrete Overlay
Concrete Coatings Micro-Tek Micro-Topping is a single-component polymerized thin-section decorative cementitious coating system commonly used on countertops, walls, and floors. Tight, flat surfaces are easily produced in a fraction of the time it may take with standard grouts.
How many square feet is your project?
*Note: Coverage rate varies based on substrate and application techniques
|40 lb bags
- Surface must be clean and reasonably dry.
- All crack repair should have taken place prior to pressure washing, scarifying, grinding, or shot blasting.
- Cut new control joints as required to prevent cracks transferring through the overlay.
- Pressure-wash all dust and latents from the surface to ensure a clean surface.
- If high temperatures are imminent, the substrate may be misted with water immediately before the installation to cool the concrete.
- Each bag of Micro-Tek Micro-Topping powder requires 8-10 quarts of water.
- Do not add additional polymers!
- Pour 3/4 of the 8-10 quarts of water into an empty 5-gallon bucket.
- Add the entire contents of the powder and blend briefly with a drill-powered mixer to wet out the material.
- Wait 5-10 minutes, and then add the remaining water and mix at medium speed until the material is homogenous and free of all lumps.
- A mix similar to the consistency of buttermilk is ideal.
- Micro-Tek SG MUST be applied over Micro-Tek RG or G-100 Pro Series Grout.
*Refer to appropriate TDS for installation instructions for these products.
- Pour 1/4 to 1/3 of the mix onto the surface.
- At this point, the material may be applied to large areas using a squeegee to spread the material and finished by hand or "funny trowel," or simply spread and troweled by hand. In either case, a thin coating is recommended.
- Material builds over 1/8" are discouraged.
- Let Micro-Tek Micro-Topping dry completely and sand the surface between layers, if desired.
- Remove all dust and debris.
- For a smooth, power-troweled look, trowel the material near to final thickness and then flat trowel again after a few minutes much like you would regular concrete.
- Sweat and broom finishes can be accomplished in much the same manner.
- Concrete Coatings, Inc. Micro-Tek SG Micro-Topping should be applied prior to staining, sealing, and waxing.
If the surface is to be acid stained, surface MUST be sanded, and applying a light mist of water is recommended immediately before stain application using a plastic pump sprayer.
- Although Micro-Tek Micro-Toppings are very durable, they must be sealed to maintain their integrity.
- Allow the overlay to cure for a minimum of 24 hours and protect the surface with SuperSeal 2000, GemKote 400, GemKote 350, or GemKote 100.
- The sealed surface should be inspected periodically for areas of thin or traffic-worn sealer.
- Worn areas may be resealed as needed.
- A thorough cleaning is recommended prior to resealing to ensure debris or contaminants are not embedded in the subsequent sealer coat(s).