Surecrete Antimicrobial XS-327™ Food Safe Concrete Countertop Sealer
XS-327™ ANTIMICROBIAL is a specially formulated two component, moisture-cure, high solids hybrid water based polyurethane coating designed for application over completed concrete surfaces. XS-327 ANTIMICROBIAL is a penetrating, UV stable, minimal color enhancing sealer, available in both matte and gloss finishes. At 64% solids (varies upon reduction rate) and 25 g/L VOC this high performance clear top coat generates the premier balance of strength, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance.
XS-327 ANTIMICROBIAL is ideally suited for both commercial and residential settings applied upon concrete countertops, fireplace surrounds, shower panels, floor tiles, wall panels, and all Xtreme Series products. Like some other sealers, XS-327 ANTIMICROBIAL becomes food safe upon curing.
Formulated with an antimicrobial agent, it further contributes to safety and wellness by inhibiting the growth of bacteria, mold and algae on treated surfaces in food service, medical, commercial and residential environments. It is stain resistant to most household chemicals and culinary items, and is heat resistant to 300°F (149°C). XS-327 ANTIMICROBIAL is distinctive in its ability to be touched up or repaired.
XS 327 ANTIMICROBIAL is also suitable for numerous interior or exterior surfaces including but not limited to polished concrete, broom finish concrete, stained concrete, decorative concrete, exposed concrete, honed and polished travertine, white Carrera marble, natural stone, pavers, synthetic stone, unglazed tile, and brick. It excels in performance on vertical and horizontal surfaces. Examples of vertical surface included but are not limited to Precast walls, block walls, decorative concrete walls, and paver retaining walls. Suitability tests are recommended for each substrate to help determine coverage rates. Can be applied to fresh concrete as soon as 14 days, 24-48 hours for thin overlayment’s.
XS 327 ANTIMICROBIAL invisibly protects chemically hardened industrial floors, commercial facilities, machine shops, auto repair facilities from oil, salts and water damage. It helps protect from prolonged exposure to food items such as vinegar, soda, and pickle juice
- Coverage: 100 square feet per 40 ounce kit
- VOC: 25g/l
- Solids Content: 64%
- Shelf Life: 1 year in original unopened container
- Mixing Ratio: 3 parts A to 2 parts B
- Pot Life: 30 minutes
- Ready for re-coat: dry to touch
- Re-coat "window": after 12 hours, sanding is required
- Light duty use: 24 hours
Checkout these updated tips on applying XS-327 Concrete Countertop Sealer from Kip Morris
- Gather all of the tools and supplies needed to complete the process.
- XS-327 Sealer, mixing containers, drill motor, mixing paddle, roller, and short-nap mohair roller covers.
- Combine 3 parts “A” with 2 parts “B” in a plastic mixing container.
- Don’t mix up more than you can use in 1 hour .
- Thoroughly mix part “A” and “B” for THREE minutes with an electric drill motor fitted with a 1 gallon paint mixer.
- Use a paint mixer that is designed for small containers of paint. Larger mixers can introduce too much air to the mixture.
- Dilute sealer mixture for prime coat according to the following proportions. One part sealer mixture and seven parts water.
- Mix thoroughly for another three minutes before applying to the concrete surface.
- Deluge the entire concrete surface with the XS-327 sealer dilution. Keep the entire surface saturated for 5 minutes. So customers prefer to using a spray bottle for this first application to avoid uneven penetration of sealer which can result in visible "pour limes" in the finished surface.
- If the surface begins to dry-out or becomes sticky, add more sealer dilution to the keep the surface saturated.
- While applying the sealer, foam will be produced by the action of the high-density foam roller.
- DO NOT BE ALARMED, the foam is normal and a good indication that you have enough sealer on the surface.
- Push all the foam off the concrete surface using heavy pressure on the roller.
- Roll all excess sealer out of the roller onto a clean paper towel.
- You may need to do this periodically to keep the roller from becoming too saturated with sealer.
- Continue rolling the entire concrete surface until almost dry.
- This can take several minutes but is important for achieving a smooth even finish.
- Repeat steps five to nine with a sealer dilution of two parts water and one part sealer.
- Lightly sand the surface, between coats, with a 200 grit sand paper if the previous coat was placed more than 24 hours ago.
- Continue rolling until all the sealer has been worked into the surface or absorbed by the roller.
- If small bubbles are still appearing in the finish like you see here, continue rolling until the surface is smooth and almost dry.