FULL PALLET Schonox US Self-Leveling Compound (42 bags)
Pumpable Cement Based Self-Leveling Compound for use in exterior and interior areas. Suitable for use on all cement and gypsum substrates. Ideal for filling, leveling, and smoothing your ceramic tiles, wood floors, and flexible coverings.
How many square feet is your project?
Tip: multiply the length (in feet) by the width (in feet)
|Pour depth||55 lb bags|
SCHÖNOX US is suitable for filling, smoothing and leveling of substrates:
- under flexible coverings
- under interior wood floor, layer thickness at least 1/4"
- under ceramic tiles and stone
as well as for filling, smoothing and leveling of unheated, cement based substrates under:
- SCHÖNOX Moisture Mitigation Systems
SCHÖNOX US is suitable on:
- concrete, cement substrates
- gypsum substrates
- OSB board, plywood (well screwed down or bonded) prior to install flexible coverings
- old substrates such as ceramic tiles and terrazzo
- old, water-resistant adhesive residues
- porous substrates such as:
- concrete, cement substrates
- prime with SCHÖNOX VD (1:3) or KH FIX.
- non porous, smooth, sound substrates such as:
- ceramic tiles
- old water-resistant adhesive residues, removed as far as possible
- primer with SCHÖNOX SHP
- gypsum substrates such as (sanded and vacuumed)
- primer with SCHÖNOX KH FIX
- mix each 25 kg/55 lb. bag with 4.5 liters/4.7 quarts of water
- we recommend to extend SCHÖNOX US with dry, clean aggregate (aggregate is added last) at a layer thickness above 1.5": Type and amount of aggregate used will affect product performance. As qualities of locally available aggregates vary, we recommend to perform tests prior to use on a larger scale:
- Do not overwater! Foam while mixing, or settling of the sand aggregate while placing, indicates overwatering.
Recommended method of working
- Using a clean mixing drum, add SCHÖNOX US to cold, clean water to form a homogeneous mixture. Mix thoroughly for approx. 3 minutes using a heavy-duty drill (min. 600 rpm) to obtain a lump-free mix. Then pour the mix and spread using a smoothing trowel. Even surfaces are easily achieved using a pin leveler. In higher thicknesses using a pike roller is recommended.
- Contact to vertical structures should be avoided by putting in SCHÖNOX FOAMTAPE.
- If a second layer of leveling compound is to be applied, prime the first layer with SCHNOX KH FIX after drying. The maximum layer thickness must not be exceeded in case of two layer applications. The second layer must not exceed the layer thickness of the first layer.
- Protect curing SCHNOX US layers from high ambient temperatures, direct sunlight, and draughts.
- Clean tools in water immediately.
- Always install an adequate number of properly located test areas, to include the finish flooring, to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use. As floor coverings vary, always contact and rely upon the floor covering manufacturer for specific directions such a maximum allowable moisture content, adhesive selection, and intended end use of the product.
- Low substrate temperatures and/or high ambient humidity require longer drying times.
- Store in cool and dry conditions.
- Shelf life: 12 months unopened.
- End of shelf life does not generally indicate the end of the products suitability for the intended use. Always test in a small area.
- Empty packaging and dispose of in accordance with federal, state, and local waste disposal regulations.
- SCHÖNOX US contains Portland cement and sand aggregate. Avoid eye and skin contact. In case of contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes seek additional medical advice. Mix in a well ventilated area and avoid breathing powder or dust.
- Never mix with cement or additives other than SCHÖNOX approved product. Observe the basic rules of concrete work. Do not install below 41°F surface temperature install quickly if substrate is warm.