Interstar Non-Reactive Concrete Stain
Interstar's Non-Reactive Concrete Stains safely and easily turn plain concrete into vibrant, eye-catching works of art.
The stain bonds to concrete, creating long-lasting, maintenance-free, translucent colors. There are available in 40 standard, non-fading colors.
NStar Non-Reactive Stains are available in 24 standard, non-fading colors. (23 are suitable for indoor/outdoor use, and 1 is designed for indoor use only.) The color development and matching services of the Interstar Color Laboratory also offer custom blended colors to meet your own special requirements
- Safe indoor and outdoor use
- Very easy to use
- Will not fade (UV resistant)
- Environmentally friendly
- Decorative concrete
- For best results, the stain must penetrate the concrete. Therefore, you must check to see if your concrete is porous. (Place a drop of water on the surface. If it is absorbed into the concrete, the surface is porous and the stain will penetrate. If the water remains sitting on top, the concrete is not porous.)
- If the concrete is sealed, remove the sealer with Sealer Remover.
- Thoroughly clean the surface with the Surface Prep, CHENG’s mild concrete cleaner, to remove any dust, surface dirt or other contaminants.
- Working in circular motions on small areas at a time, apply the stain with the applicator or sprayer.
- Closely monitor the concrete surface. As soon as the entire surface is tack-free, apply the 2nd coat. DO NOT apply the second coat until the surface is ENTIRELY tack-free. Waiting too long between coats may result in the 2nd coat not adhering to the first, and the desired result may not be achieved.
- When the 2nd coat is tack-free, apply a sealer over the stain and let dry.
- Allow the concrete to cure for a minimum of 28 days before applying NSTAR.
- Test NSTAR’s color and penetration on a small, inconspicuous area before applying to the entire surface. (Color may vary depending on the condition of the concrete, type of surface, thickness of the coats, experience of the installer, and weather.)
- Do not use NSTAR where heavy traffic (such as steel wheels) is anticipated.
- Do not apply stain when temperatures are below 10 °C (50 °F) or above 30 °C (90 °F).
- Do not dilute NSTAR with water. If dilution is necessary, add NSTAR Dilutor Solution.
- For best results, apply no more than 2 coats of NSTAR.
- Blue-based colors should not be used outdoors (these include: Ice Blue, Cornflower Blue, Caribbean Green, Chive, Pea Green and Deep Emerald).
- Pool-level concentrations of chlorine will not affect the stain, however, if pure chlorine or excessive amounts of chlorinated water touch the surface, wipe it off immediately to avoid discoloration.