Schönox PU 900 Polyurethane Adhesive for Vinyl and Rubber Flooring 4-Gallon
Schönox PU 900 is suitable for bonding floor coverings, such as:
- Sheet vinyl
- Synthetic rubber coverings in sheets
- Linoleum coverings in sheets
- Rubber granulate underlays
- Suitable artificial grass
- Basis: solvent-free, two-part urethane, - comp. A: resin with special additives - comp. B: polyisocyanate hardener
- Color: beige
- Density: 1.74 kg/l (mixture)
- Storage temperature: not below 32°F
- Temperature resistance: up to 120 °F
- Working temperature: not below 59 °F floor temperature
- Pot life: approx. 40 min at 65 °F
- Open time: approx. 70 minutes
- Waiting time: none
- Drying time: 24 hours
- Final strength: 24-48 hours
- Coverage per unit when applied with - notched trowel 1/8”x1/8”x1/16”: approx. 105 sq.ft.
Recommended method of working
- Wear rubber gloves and protective goggles. Add the hardener component B) to the resin component (A) and form a homogeneous mixture using a mixer.
- To guarantee a homogenous mixture, transfer the mixture to a clean container and repeat the mixing process.
- Floor coverings must always be conditioned, unstressed and lay flat without any deformation. Always acclimate the floor covering accordingly following the manufacturers guidelines.
- Empty the adhesive out of the pail and spread evenly on the substrate using a suitable notched trowel within the open time.
- Lay the covering into the fresh adhesive bed, rub down or roll the covering using a metal roller. After 1 – 2 hours roll again.
- Schönox PU 900 may be used as a crack repair compound to fill or seal dormant cracks or joints. The fresh adhesive is pressed into using a flat trowel. Schönox Renotex may be embedded into PU 900 to reinforce the repair if required. The surface of the fresh PU 900 may be sand broadcasted to ensure a suitable bond to following materials. Alternatively prime with Schönox SHP after drying.