FULL PALLET Schönox AST Gypsum Cement Repair Compound (192 bags)
Schönox AST is a rapid-drying, synthetic gypsum-based compound. With its quick drying characteristics, Schönox AST can be covered in as little as 30 minutes when applied as a true featheredge.
How many square feet of patching area?
Tip: multiply the length (in feet) by the width (in feet)
|Depth||10 lb bags|
- Compressive Strength
- (ASTM C109/mod-days air cure only): 23N/MM sq / 3600 psi at 28 days
(depending on texture of substrate)
Per unit of 4.5kg/10lbs.:
- Approx. 180 sq.ft. when applied as a true featheredge
- Approx. 33 sq.ft. at 1/8″
- EC 1PLUS : very low emission
- IEQ 4.3 Low-Emitting Materials-Flooring Systems, 1 point
- MR 1.1 Building Reuse Maintain Existing Walls, Floors and Roof, up to 3 points
- MR 1.2 Building Reuse Interior-Maintain Existing Interior Nonstructural Elements, 1 point
- MR 4 Recycled Content, up to 2 points
- Pot Life
- Approx. 20 minutes at 68˚F
- Ready for covering
- After approx. 30 minutes when applied as a true featheredge
- After approx. 12 hours at 1/8″ thickness
- Shelf Life
- 1 year unopened
- Working Temperature
- Not below 41°F floor temperature
- 10lb. net weight in paper bags
SCHÖNOX AST is suitable for smoothing and leveling of:
- concrete, cement substrates
- floor leveling compounds
- gypsum substrates
- old substrates such as ceramic tiles
- old, water-resistant adhesive residues
- wooden substrates
- gypsum substrates (sanded and vacuumed)
- no priming required
- cement substrates such as:
- concrete, prime with SCHÖNOX VD (1:3) of KH FIX
- non porous substrates such as:
- ceramic tiles (thoroughly cleaned and abraded)
- water-resistant adhesive residues (removed as far as possible)
- no priming required.
- wooden substrates such as
- OSB board, plywood (well screwed and/or bonded)
- prime with SCHÖNOX SHP
- mix each 4.5 kg/10 lb. bag with 1.1-1.4 liters/1.2 - 1.5 quarts of water
- mix each 15 kg/33 lb. bag with 3.8 - 4.6 liters/4 - 5 quarts of water
Recommended method of working
- Using a clean mixing bucket, add SCHÖNOX AST to cold, clean water to form a homogeneous mixture. Mix thoroughly for approx. 3 minutes using a heavy-duty drill (min. 600 rpm) to obtain a lump-free mix. Or mix smaller volumes by hand to consistency. Apply, smooth, and shape the leveling compound using a stainless steel smoother or a smoothing trowel.
- Do not mix more material than can be applied within 15 minutes.
- Protect curing SCHNOX AST layers from high ambient temperatures, direct sunlight, and draughts.
- Do not use in areas of constant water exposure (such as interior swimming pools).
- Always install an adequate number of properly located test areas, to include the finish flooring, to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use. As floor coverings vary, always contact and rely upon the floor covering manufacturer for specific directions such as maximum allowable moisture content, adhesive selection, and intended end use of the product.
- Low substrate temperatures and/or high ambient humidity require longer drying times.
- Store in cool and dry conditions
- Shelf life: 12 months unopened
- End of shelf life does not generally indicate the end of the products suitability for the intended use. Always test in a small area.
- Empty packaging and dispose of in accordance with federal, state, and local waste disposal regulations.
- SCHÖNOX AST contains gypsum. Avoid eye and skin contact. In case of contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes seek additional medical advice. Mix in a well ventilated area and avoid breathing powder or dust.
- Never mix with cement or additives other than SCHÖNOX approved products. Observe the basic rules of concrete work. Do not install below 41°F surface temperature. Install quickly if substrate is warm.