Floortek 6 NanoCoat formerly TK6™ NanoCoat Concrete Sealer
TK6™ NanoCoat from Richard James Specialty Chemical Corp. is a very durable, single component, nano-based copolymer that offers the same scratch and chemical resistance as urethane without the need to blend A and B components. The waterborne formula is low odor and suitable for use everywhere — even Southern California.
TK6 concrete and stone sealer is easy to apply and creates a durable shell that protects against stains while offering great abrasion resistance. Its Nanotechnology formulation penetrates deep inside concrete and delivers great stain protection in both a gloss or extra low gloss finish.
TK6 performs with equal excellence over alkaline and acidic substrates, solving two major problems of finished concrete floors: ASR and incomplete acid neutralization.
TK6 is UV stable for exterior and interior use, for use over both tight and open surfaces. It is very fast dry for job-site efficiency, water submersible with early water resistance, low odor, and offers excellent blush resistance. It is VOC compliant, and both a color carrier and colorable sealer.
When totally cured, TK6 meets the performance characteristics of FDA 4-101.11 for food contact surfaces.
Available in Gloss and XTRA Low Gloss, 32 oz bottles, 1 gallon bottles, and 5-gallon pails.
Application is with pump-up sprayer plus microfiber pad, or HVLP, roller or squeegee.
Use RJSC top-coat or two coats for concrete, first often 30% water-diluted. Burnish with 400-grit diamond-embedded pads on low speed machine for top performance.
Coverage: ~250 – ~1000 sq.ft./gal/coat, substrate dependent.
Apply at 60ºF - 85ºF ambient and substrate temperature. Low humidity and good air flow are important.
- VOC Content: 95 g/L
- Traffic bearing: 10 hours
- Re-coat Time: 2-24 hours
- Gasoline 12 hour test: No Effect
- Motor Oil 12 hour test: No Effect
Before you start:
- All concrete surfaces should be free of: pooled water, dust, oils, dirt, salts, other finishes and residues.
- Alkalinity should be between 7 - 8pH.
- Temperature greater than 60°F and lower than 85°F.
- Residues from curing compounds, sealers and acid salts may deteriorate under the sealer and release from the substrate after sealing.
- Do not use prep cleaners containing soy or d-Limonene as these interfere with adhesion of water-borne coatings. If acid treatments are used, neutralize with an ammonia solution (See separate instructions).
- Do not apply over concrete treated with hardeners or densifiers. (many hardeners contain components that reject/repel waterborne products).
Seal with TK6™ NanoCoat Sealer:
- Apply after the final polish with a 400 to 800 grit polishing pad.
- The preferred application method is a pump-sprayer and microfiber pads. Dampen the pad before starting.
- Apply a liberal spray of TK6™ and immediately spread using a wide microfiber pad. Use smaller pads for corners and edges.
- Work fast spreading with a free hand, in arcs or swirls and not in straight lines. For tight substrates, dilute the TK6™ by slowly adding up to 30% water.
- Alternatively you can also use an HVLP or airless sprayer with 50-70% overlap.
- A single coat will often result in partial protection of the surface due to differential absorbency, so a 2nd application is recommended when the 1st coat is print free (typically less than 3 hours).
- TK6 can be burnished after application to “adjust” the final appearance.
- Burnish with a with a slow-speed polisher, using a high grit diamond embedded Hurricane Burnishing Pads to bring up a higher gloss.
- For Extra Low Gloss a quick pass with one of the low grit Hurricane Burnishing Pads is recommended.