Basalt Reinforcing Mesh and Scrim for Concrete
Basalt Scrim is a better way to reinforce concrete.
High tensile strength. Above all other conventional reinforcements
Corrosion resistant. Will not decay or rust over time, unlike traditional steel.
Moisture resistant. Weathers the wettest environments built in alkali resistance.
Chemical resistant. Compatible with nearly any admix you include in your concrete.
Frost and heat resistant. Takes freeze-that cycles in stride
Smooth Blending. Does not clump or ball during mixing like many pva and poly fibers.
- Common Dosage: 2%-5% loading; based on cement in mix by weight
- Dimensions: Sold by lineal foot, cut from a three foot wide roll.
- Material: Basalt
- Sustained Operating Temperature: 600ºC
- Minimum Operating Temperature: -260ºC
- Density: 2.75 g/cubic cm
- Tensile Strength: 4840 M pa
- Elastic Modulus: 49 G pa
- Compressive Strength: 550,000 psi