Surecrete WallSpray Vertical Microcement Overlay - 40 lb
WallSpray with SC Color Smoke applied over a concrete block retaining wall
WallSpray with SC Color Gray on a dramatic fireplace surround
Surecrete's Wall Spray is a white-cement based overlay containing lightweight aggregates for higher-build and faster installation. Wallspray can either be sprayed or trowel applied to interior and exterior vertical surfaces.
This product is great for professionals who are looking for a stronger more versatile mix and faster production speeds or homeowners working on DIY projects.
How many square feet is your project?
*Note: Coverage rate varies based on substrate and application techniques
|Thickness||40 lb bags|
Coverage: Approx 28-30 square foot @ 1/4″ (Varies based on substrate and application)
VOC Content: 0 g/L
Shelf Life: 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio: 3.5 – 4 quarts water per 40 lb bag
Density: 121 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 2,870 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-348: 950 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 140 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance: 28 days %loss – 500 cycles – less than 0.40%
Mosaic Shear ANSI A 118.4: 275 PSI @ 28 days
Concrete Wall Overlay Water Permeability: ASTM D2247: Passes Freeze/Thaw @ 50 cycles
- Any surface receiving a cementitious coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled.
- Make sure your surface is flat. If in need of patching, we suggest using Wall Stamp to fill large voids on vertical surfaces.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and that there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 3-1/2 quarts water for every 40 lb bag to 5 gal bucket and mix in your integral color.
- Slowly introduce Wall Spray and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product has been emptied into container.
- Scrape the inside of the bucket to make sure there are no “dry pockets” of material that have not been mixed correctly.
- All exterior applications of Wall Spray are recommended to have a base coat.
- Base coats are most commonly sprayed on with compressed air spray equipment, buy may also be applied with hawk and trowel.
- Apply with a spray gun using a 1/4″ setting, covering surface completely with a minimum of 1/8″ – 3/16″ build-up of material, leaving no bare spots. Depending on desired finished texture, troweling of applied product can be done now.
- Base coat should dry sufficiently (minimum overnight), and surface should be scraped to remove any loose material.
- Concrete wall overlay finish coat is applied the same as the base coat described above, with variations only to achieve different desired textures.
- Surface can accept stains and secondary colorants at this point and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical applications would utilize an acrylic sealer such as Super WB or Colortec Pigmented Acrylic Sealer.