Surecrete SureTex Microcement Concrete Overlay - 45 lb
Surecrete's Suretex cement-based concrete overlay is rapidly gaining popularity after being featured by HGTV star Leanne Ford on several projects and various applications. The deep texture and flexibility of this unique overlay have been used to create a wide range of textures and aesthetics for custom finishes on vertical and horizontal surfaces. Here is a link to a bathroom renovation project completed by Leanne for Domino magazine along with a brief how-to on Leanne's blog.
If you are planning to recreate Leanne Ford's finishes on vertical surfaces we recommend you also consider using Surecrete's WallSpray. The light-weight aggregate in Wallspray's formulation allows you to achieve a higher-build without the risk of slumping or sagging during application. Since the Wallspray is formulated with slightly smaller aggregates it will also yield a smoother finish.
SureTex is a cement-based thin overlay designed for interior and exterior surfaces. It's slightly larger aggregate creates deeper textures and designs which can be manipulated to create any number of custom themed flooring surfaces. SureTex is specially formulated for quicker dry time and can be applied with a trowel or sprayed with a hopper gun.
How many square feet is your project?
*NOTE: Coverage varies based on desired texture being created.
|Thickness||50 lb bags|
Coverage: Approx 112 – 158 square foot per 45 lb bag (Varies based on substrate and application)
VOC Content: 0 g/L
Shelf Life: 1 year in original unopened container
Mixing Ratio: 3-1/2 – 5-1/2 quarts water per 45 lb bag
Base Color: White
Density: 126.1 lbs/cubic foot
Compressive Strength ASTM C-109: 4,269 PSI @ 28 days
Flexural Strength ASTM C-348: 980 PSI @ 28 days
Tensile Strength ASTM C-190: 440 PSI @ 28 days
Abrasion Resistance ASTM D-4060: less than 0.50% @ 28 days
Mosaic Shear ANSI A-118.4: 275 PSI @ 28 days
- Any surface receiving a cement-based coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and that there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 4 – 6 quarts water for every 50 lb bag to a 5 gal bucket and mix in any integral coloring.
- Slowly introduce mix while continuously mixing and mix for a minimum of 1 minute once all product is into a container. Scrape the sides of the bucket to make sure there are no “dry pockets” that didn’t get mixed properly.
- Mist the surface of the concrete with water ahead of any areas about to receive mix.
- Pour a generous ribbon of SureTex and tightly trowel or squeegee product over the entire area.
- If you need a second coat of mix, wait until the surface is properly cured – (approx 2-6 hours). A second coat can be applied same as the first layer. Make sure to scrape away excess material from first coat before applying the finish.
- Once the surface has dried and cured sufficiently (approx 2-6 hours), it can accept stains and secondary colorants and is also ready to receive a sealer. Typical applications would utilize an acrylic sealer such as Super WB or Colortec Pigmented Acrylic Sealer.