Westcoat EC-72 Epoxy Patch Gel Fast Cure
Westcoat's EC-72 Epoxy Patch Gel is a high viscosity, two-component, 100% solids epoxy patching compound designed for use wherever a tough epoxy patch is required.
- Package: 1/2-gallon or 2-gallon Kits
- Coverage: 1/2 gallon will fill a 1/4" by 1/4" crack approx. 150 feet in length
- VOC Content: 0 g/L
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 (by volume)
- Color: Black and Light Gray - Mixed to Gray
- Shelf Life: 2 years in unopened packaging
Over concrete: Shotblasting is the preferred method for preparing concrete when applying epoxy and urethane coatings. When using other methods, prepare the surface so that the product will soak in and properly bond.
Note: The most common cause of unsuccessful application is a lack of surface preparation.
In a clean and dry bucket thoroughly mix 1 part A and 1 part B, by volume of EC-72. Combine using a mechanical mixer at low rpm or stir stick. Mix slowly for at least 3-5 minutes or until completely combined. Only prepare the amount you can use in 20 minutes at 70°F.
Thinning is not recommended.
Silica sand or other aggregates may be added to enhance workability and increase the yield of the mix. Silica sand will effect the texture and feathering ability of the patching compound. Depending on the size and amount of aggregate you add, you will also increaes the tensile strenght, compressive strength and hardness of the product, while decreasing the elongation and flexibility.
The coverage will vary depending on the thickness applied, and the porosity and texture of the surface. For example, a 1/2 gallon kit will fill a 1/4 x 1/4 inch crack or joint approximately 150 feet in length.
A trowel or putty knife is the best way to apply the epoxy into the crack or void you are attempting to fill. If the area will be coated with a thin-film coating, you may wish to slightly overfill the area then sand it flush the next day to match the texture of the existing surface. Silica sand may be broadcast into the epoxy to add texture and act as a binder for subsequent coats of material.
You may reapply additional EC-72 as soon as the product has hardened, usually 2-4 hours. Light foot traffic may be permitted in 12 hours, normal foot traffic in 24 hours and light vehicle traffic in 48 hours. Heavy vehicle traffic should not be permitted for 72 hours.
Uncured material can be removed with a solvent. Cured material can only be removed mechanically or with an enviromentally-safe solvent.
- This product is designed for professional use only.
- Be sure to measure and mix properly. Be aware of the pot life of mixed epoxy.
- Do not apply in temperatures below 50°F or above 90°F. Hot or cold weather may effect dry times.
- Solvent may be required in cooler weather to lower viscosity and increase coverage of 100% solids.
- Please check with local laws governing the use of solvents.
- Do not allow Westcoat products to freeze.