Westcoat SC-10 Pigmented Water-Base Acrylic Sealer and Topcoat 1-Gallon
Westcoat's SC-10 Acrylic Topcoat is a medium viscosity 100% acrylic water-based coating that is one of the most chemical resistant acrylic resins available.
- Tack Free over concrete @ 72°F: 10 minutes
- Foot Traffic over concrete @ 72°F: 35 minutes
- Foot Traffic -sealed surface- @ 72°F: 23 minutes
- Full Cure @ 6 mil: 72 hours
- Adhesion on Steel ASTM D3359: 4
- Adhesion on concrete ASTM D3359: 4
For concrete, the surface should be at least 2500 psi and have cured for a minimum of 28 days. Prepare concrete to a profile equal to CSP 2-3. You many mechanically profile by grinding or shot blasting. The concrete should be porous and be able to absorb water. Prior to starting work, test existing concrete slab for efflorescence, moisture and hydrostatic pressure. Vacuum surface entirely and ensure that any dust or contaminates are removed, as these will deter adhesion.
As a topcoat for ALX, MACoat or Texture-Crete, apply directly over the textured surface. If texture has been left for more than 72 hours or it has become dirty, clean as needed prior to application of SC-10.
Over previously coated acrylic deck coatings, prepare surface by scrubbing with a nylogrit brush on a floor buffer and follow by powerwashing. A compatibility test should be done.
Over sheet metal, the metal should be clean, etched and wire brushed, if needed, to allow product to bond. Remove any mildew or algae using 50/50 water and household bleach. Rinse thoroughly.
Over concrete surfaces or previously coated acrylic deck coatings, prime using EC-11 Water-Based Epoxy for best adhesion. SC-10 may also be used as a primer if reduced 50% with water.
Use a mechanical mixer at a slow speed, until a homogenous mixture and color is obtained. For color consistency, box all material to be used on the same project. Use care not to allow the entrapment of air into the mixture.
A small amount of water (up to one quart per gallon) may be added to thin the material, in which case two coats are usually recommended. Cutting the product slightly with water and applying thin coats will also help avoid streaks on the surface.
Will vary depending on the surface. Up to 400 square feet per gallon on a smooth surface and between 125-300 square feet per gallon on a rough surface.
Allow the primer or texture to dry completely before applying the SC-10. This product can be sprayed, brushed, or rolled. If rolled, neatly cut-in all edges with a brush and roll the center using a 3/8 inch to 3/4 inch nap, good quality roller cover. Be sure to spread evenly in a "V" pattern rolling in both directions. Apply the SC-10 thinly using adequate pressure to avoid filling in textured surfaces. In general, the product will perform better if applied in two thin coats.
Allow 2-6 hours between coats and light foot traffic. Normal traffic after 24 hours. Allow 48 hours before placing heavy objects on the surface. Vehicular traffic allow 72 hours.
Uncured material should be removed with soap and warm water. Cured material should be removed mechanically or with an environmentally-safe solvent.
- This product is designed for professional use only.
- Do not apply at temperatures below 50°F or above 90°F. Hot or cold weather may affect dry times.
- Be sure to do adequate surface preparation.
- Do an adhesion test if not applied as part of the standard systems.
- Rain will wash away uncured acrylic products. If inclement weather threatens, cover deck to protect new application.
- Skid resistant additives are available.
- Do not apply if rain is forecast within 48 hours or heavy dew within 24 hours.
- Do not allow any Westcoat products to freeze.