CX Water Reducer (formerly NeoMix Original Water Reducer)
NeoMix products are now CX products! Same great products that increase strength and reduce cracking, all that’s changed is the name.
CX Water Reducer increases the strength and workability of the concrete mix. Ideal for any indoor, outdoor, or concrete countertop project, CX Water Reducer enables the mix to become more "plastic," or flowable, and less likely to shrink or crack.
Recommended for use with CX Concrete Countertop Admixture or any custom concrete mix.
NeoMix Original System (Water Reducer and SmartColor Pigment sold separately)
Pour-In-Place Concrete Countertop with Tahoe SmartColor Pigment
Combine Dry Materials
- Place 360 lbs. of 5000 psi. concrete mix in a 9 cubic foot concrete mixer.
- Add package of NeoMix Admixture powder to the mixer.
- Break apart any clumps of fiber if necessary.
- Add dry pigment, like NeoMix Smart Color (optional).
- Mix thoroughly for up to 5 minutes.
Prepare Water Reducer
- Measure out 4 gallons of water.
- Split into two equal parts.
- Add water reducer to 2 gallons of water, mixing it to create a diluted solution.
Combine and Mix
- While the mixer is running, add the diluted water reducer mixture.
- Add the remaining water slowly, watching for mix consistency.
- Mix thoroughly and add additional water if necessary.