Schönox HS Sturdy Repair Patch and Smooth Compound - 33 lb
The new Schönox HS Sturdy, rapid-drying, repair and smoothing compound, incorporates hybrid active-dry technology creating a powerful solution with versatility and strengths previously unseen in flooring. From featheredge to 2” depths, HS Sturdy repairs, patches, and smooths combining tasks for use on a wide variety of substrates including concrete and gypsum as well as diverse ones such as wood, vinyl, and ceramic.
Schönox HS Sturdy is suitable for smoothing and leveling of:
- Concrete, cement substrates
- Floor leveling compounds
- Gypsum substrates
- Old substrates such as ceramic tiles
- Old, water-resistant adhesive residues
- Wooden substrates
- Stair steps and wall breakouts
How many square feet of patching area?
Tip: multiply the length (in feet) by the width (in feet)
|Patch depth||33 lb bags|
- Gypsum substrates (sanded and vacuumed):
- no priming required when used as a true featheredge up to 1/4”
- prime with Schönox KH Fix when used as a repair mortar above 1/4”
- Cement substrates such as concrete, prime with Schönox VD (1:3) or KH Fix
- Non-porous substrates such as ceramic tiles (thoroughly cleaned and abraded), terrazzo, and water-resistant adhesive residues (removed as far as possible), prime with Schönox SHP
- Wooden substrates such as OSB board and plywood (well screwed and/or bonded), prime with Schönox SHP
- Mix each 33lb. bag with 3.8 - 4.6 liters / 4 - 5 quarts of water
- We recommend to extend Schönox HS Sturdy with dry, clean aggregate (aggregate is added last) at a layer thickness above 1/2“: type and amount of aggregate used will affect product performance. As qualities of locally available aggregates vary, we recommend to perform tests prior to use on a larger scale.
- Do not overwater