Schonox ZM Rapid Self-Leveling Compound - 55 lb
Rapid setting self-leveling compound suitable on all cement and gypsum based substrates. Designed for leveling of floors under time pressure in interior areas. Many types of floor coverings can be laid after 1.5 hours. Schönox ZM Rapid can be installed up to 1”.
How many square feet is your project?
|Pour depth||55 lb bags|
- Compressive Strength
- 5000 psi after 1 day
- 7550 psi after 28 days
- 60-70 sq.ft. per unit at a thickness of 1/8″
- EC 1PLUS Regulated: very low emission
- IEQ 4.3 Low-Emitting Materials-Flooring Systems, 1 point
- MR 1.1 Building Reuse Maintain Existing Walls, Floors and Roof, up to 3 points
- MR 1.2 Building Reuse Interior-Maintain Existing Interior Nonstructural Elements, 1 point
- Pot Life:
- Approx. 25 minutes
- Ready for Covering
- After approx. 1.5-2 hours up to 3/8″ thickness prior to installing carpet, vinyl, and linoleum; Approx. 12 hours prior to installing wood floor, cork or rubber.
- Shelf Life
12 months unopened
- Working Temperature
- Not below 41°F floor temperature
- 55lb. net weight in paper bags
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is suitable for filling, smoothing, and leveling of substrates:
- under flexible coverings
- under ceramic tiles
- under wood floor and coatings, layer thickness at least 1/8" (drying time at least 12 hours)
SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID is suitable for filling, smoothing and leveling of:
- concrete, cement substrates
- old substrates such as ceramic tiles
- old, water-resistant adhesive residues
- gypsum substrates
- OSB board, plywood (well screwed and/or bonded) prior to installing flexible coverings.
- porous substrates such as:
- concrete, cement substrates
- prime with SCHÖNOX VD (2:3) or KH FIX
- non porous, smooth, sound substrates such as:
- old water-resistant adhesive residues, removed as far as possible
- OSB board, plywood (well screwed down and/or bonded)
- prime with SCHÖNOX SHP
- gypsum substrates (sanded and vacuumed)
- prime with SCHÖNOX KH FIX
- prior to install SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID under coatings
- prime with SCHÖNOX EPA to avoid pinholing or surface irregularities
- mix each 25 kg / 55 lb. bag with 5.8 liters / 6.1 quarts of water
- we recommend to extend SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID with dry, clean aggregate (aggregate is added last) at a layer thickness above 1/2": Type and amount of aggregate used will affect product performance. As qualities of locally available aggregates vary, we recommend to perform tests prior to use on a larger scale.
- Do not overwater! Foam while mixing, or settling of the sand aggregate while placing, indicates overwatering.
Recommended method of working
- Using a clean mixing drum, add SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID to cold, clean water to form a homogeneous mixture. Mix thoroughly for approx. 3 minutes using a heavy-duty drill (min. 600 rpm) to obtain a lump free mix. Then pour the mix and spread using a smoothing trowel. Even surfaces are easily achieved using a gauge rake. In higher thicknesses using a spike roller is recommmended.
- Contact to vertical structures should be avoided by putting in SCHÖNOX FOAMTAPE.
- If a second layer of leveling compound is to be applied, prime the first layer with SCHÖNOX KH FIX after drying. The maximum layer thickness must not be exceeded in case of two layer applications. The second layer must not exceed the layer thickness of the first layer.
- Protect curing SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID layers from high ambient temperatures, direct sunlight and drafts.
- Clean tools in water immediately after use.
- Do not use in areas of constant water exposure (such as interior swimming pools).
- Always install an adequate number of properly located test areas, to include the finish flooring, to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use. As floor coverings vary, always contact and rely upon the floor covering manufacturer for specific directions such as maximum allowable moisture content, adhesive selection, and intended end use of the product.
- Low substrate temperatures and/or high mabient humidity require longer drying times.
- Store in cool and dry conditions.
- Shelf life: 12 months unopened.
- End of shelf life does not generally indicate the end of the products suitability for the intended use. Always test in a small area.
- Empty packaging and dispose of in accordance with federal, state, and local waste disposal regulations.
- SCHÖNOX ZM RAPID contains Portland cement and sand aggregate. Avoid eye and skin contact. In case of contact, rinse immediately with plenty of water. In case of contact with eyes seek additional medical advice. Mix in a well ventilated area and avoid breathing powder or dust.
- Never mix with cement or additives other than SCHÖNOX approved products. Observe the basic rules of concrete work. Do not install below 41°F surface temperature. Install quickly if substrate is warm.