TK6™ NanoCoat Concrete Sealer
TK6™ NanoCoat from Richard James Specialty Chemical Corp. is a water-based, single-component concrete and stone sealer that is quickly becoming the favorite choice for sealing no-pour concrete countertops made from Ardex Feather Finish or Henry 597. It’s easy to apply and creates a durable shell that protects concrete from stains while offering good abrasion resistance. It's Nanotechnology formulation penetrates deep inside concrete and delivers great stain protection in both a gloss or extra low gloss finish.
- Ideal for Polished and Hard-troweled New Concrete
- Use on Interior and Exterior Projects
- Great for Projects Big and Small
- Available in 3 convenient sizes: 32 Oz, 1 Gallon, and 5 Gallon
Before you start:
- All concrete surfaces should be free of: pooled water, dust, oils, dirt, salts, other finishes and residues.
- Alkalinity should be between 7 - 8pH.
- Temperature greater than 60°F and lower than 85°F.
- Residues from curing compounds, sealers and acid salts may deteriorate under the sealer and release from the substrate after sealing.
- Do not use prep cleaners containing soy or d-Limonene as these interfere with adhesion of water-borne coatings. If acid treatments are used, neutralize with an ammonia solution (See separate instructions).
- Do not apply over concrete treated with hardeners or densifiers. (many hardeners contain components that reject/repel waterborne products).
Seal with TK6™ NanoCoat Sealer:
- Apply after the final polish with a 400 to 800 grit polishing pad.
- The preferred application method is a pump-sprayer and microfiber pads. Dampen the pad before starting.
- Apply a liberal spray of TK6™ and immediately spread using a wide microfiber pad. Use smaller pads for corners and edges.
- Work fast spreading with a free hand, in arcs or swirls and not in straight lines. For tight substrates, dilute the TK6™ by slowly adding up to 30% water.
- Alternatively you can also use an HVLP or airless sprayer with 50-70% overlap.
- A single coat will often result in partial protection of the surface due to differential absorbency, so a 2nd application is recommended when the 1st coat is print free (typically less than 3 hours).
- TK6 can be burnished after application to “adjust” the final appearance.
- Burnish with a with a slow-speed polisher, using a high grit diamond embedded Hurricane Burnishing Pads to bring up a higher gloss.
- For Extra Low Gloss a quick pass with one of the low grit Hurricane Burnishing Pads is recommended.