Xtreme Series Veining Compound by SureCrete
SureCrete's Xtreme Series Veining Compound is a cement based, dry broadcast medium used to create natural looking veins in the Concrete Countertops. It is designed to be placed into the wet edge of concrete during the pouring process of precast applications.
- Coverage: (Depends upon application and substrate) 1.5 lb jar = approximately 58 cubic inches
- VOC Rating: 0 g/l
XS Veining will cure more slowly than the XS mixes it enhances. It should be applied inside a shop. The slower cure may be a factor in de-molding a precast piece, especially in cooler weather.
XS Veining may be broadcast dry or placed as a paste. The dry broadcast method creates a more rugged, yet natural-looking vein through a stone face. The paste method leaves no voids and when placed properly, yields equally pleasing organic shapes.
- Place XS Precast in the bottom of the mold where the vein is to be located.
- Toss XS Veining against the wet edge of the XS Precast.
- Push excess material into the vein using a small chip brush.
- Vacuum or blow with compressed air unwanted remainder of XS Veining out of the mold.
- Randomly brush any area where vacuum or blower may have created a visible pattern.
- Mist the vein with a spray bottle to activate the cement.
- Continue the placing of Xtreme Precast, exercising care to cover the vein without disturbing it.
- Mix 4 parts Xtreme Veining to 1 part water.
- Tool into place where desired in base of mold with very small trowel or butter knife.
- Place Xtreme Precast, exercising care to cover the vein without disturbing it.
Always prepare a sample to establish aesthetic suitability. Sample approval is especially critical for custom coloration.
Before XS Veining dries, spills and tools can be cleaned up with water.
Contact your local government household hazardous waste coordinator for information on disposal of unused product.See More