Schönox EPA 100% RH Epoxy Moisture Mitigation Sytem
Schönox EPA is a two-Part, fast-drying, epoxy-based moisture mitigation system and migration marrier suitable on porous, concrete slabs with residual moisture up to 100% RH or 25 lbs./1000 sq. ft./24 hrs. in interior or exterior areas before applying Schönox underlayments.
- Basis: tw-part epoxy
- Color: transparent-amber
- Density: 1.09 kg/l (mixture)
- Storage temperature: not below 41°F
- Working temperature: 40min. at 65ºF
- Working temperature: not below 50ºF floor temperature
- Maximum Coverage per unit: 290 sq.ft.
- Ready for leveling: approximately 4 hours at 65ºF floor temperature
Recommended method of working:
- Thoroughly mix the Schönox EPA resin (component A) with the Schönox EPAhardener (component B) to a homogenous mix (approx. 3 minutes) using a low speed mixer (approx. 150 rpm) preventing entraining air. Refill the mixed material into a clean bucket and mix again for approx. 1 minute.
- Apply the mixed Schönox EPA evenly across the area and spread with a squeegee/notched squeegee avoiding moving too fast allowing Schönox EPA to saturate the concrete surface. After a waiting time of approx. 15 - 30 minutes saturate a 3/8“ nap roller and begin to back roll to evenly distribute the epoxy film over the surface avoiding puddles.
- After a drying time of approx. 4 - 6 hours (no transfer to the touch at 65°F floor temperature) prime with Schönox SHP following the referring product data sheet prior to install a Schönox underlayment or patching and smoothing compound.
- If any following materials are not applied within the first 24 hours after drying of Schönox EPA, then always rough the top surface of Schönox EPA up using a suitable pad, but without affecting the moisture mitigation properties.
- Do not dilute Schönox EPA.
- Schönox EPA is not a crack isolation membrane.
- Note: Mixed material left in the mixing container will generate intense heat. In this case, do not touch container! Close lid loosely and transport the container by the handle outdoors until it sets to a disposable cool solid.
- If the concrete surface is sufficiently smooth and level, Schönox MSP CLASSIC Wood Flooring Adhesive and Schönox EMICLASSIC, Universal Pressure Sensitive Adhesive or SCHÖNOX ROLL AND GO Rollable Adhesive may be applied directly to Schönox EPA after curing but within the first 48 hours after Schönox EPA has been installed.