Schonox SHP Special Acrylic Primer
SCHÖNOX SHP is not suitable on polyolefin and floor coverings with PU-sealings which are not removable with basic detergent chemicals. If in doubt, we recommend testing in a small area. It is not a vapor barrier. This primer will allow the free passage of moisture.
SCHÖNOX SHP is suitable as a primer on:
- smooth and sound substrates e.g. terrazzo, ceramic tiles, natural stone coverings
- epoxy based damp proof membranes
- old coatings and sealings
- old, smooth and sound concrete surfaces
- metal substrates e.g. channelled plate
- well fitted, vacuumed and sanded vinyl, linoleum and rubber coverings in domestic areas
- thermoplastic & semi-flexible tiles
- well fitted quartz-vinyl coverings
- old, water resistant adhesive residues in domestic and commerical areas
- Coverage: Approximately 350-500 square feet per gallon unit
- Drying Time: 1-2 hours prior to installing underlayments
- Density: 1.3 kg/l
- Emicode: EC 1 Plus: very low emission
- LEED: IEQ 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings - 1 Point
- VOC Content: 0g/l (calculated), SCAQMD 1113
Recommended Method of Working
- Stir SCHÖNOX SHP before use.
- Apply SCHÖNOX SHP using a suitable tool such as 1/4" nap roller, paintbrush or brush, short-pile roller or pad applicator. Avoid formation of puddles.
- Clean tools in water immediately after use.
- Always install an adequate number of properly located test areas, to include the finish flooring, to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use.
- As floor coverings vary, always contact and rely upon the floor covering manufacturer for specific directions such as maximum allowable moisture content, adhesive selection, and intended end use of the product.
- Low substrate temperatures and/or high ambient humidity require longer drying times.
- Store in cool, frost-free conditions.
- Shelf life: 1 year unopened.
- Empty canisters and dispose of in accordance with federal, state, and local waste disposal regulations.
- Avoid eye and skin contact.
- Close container after each use.
- Do not reuse container.
- Do not flush primer down drains, sewers, or waterways.