Ready-Mix Pigments by Interstar
Interstar All-Purpose Concrete Pigments are pure iron oxide pigments for coloring cementitious materials. These pigments are ideal for use in a wide range of applications.
Store pigments in a dry area between 50°F and 90°F and protect from moisture. This product is best for decorative concrete, sidewalks, patios, driveways, precast, poured in place concrete construction.
- Maximum coloring power
- Wide variety of colors
- Pre-weighted dissolving multi-wall paper bags
- Reduces human error
- 1 bag = 1 cubic yard
- Easy Dispersing
- Lime proof
- Decorative Concrete
- Poured in place concrete construction
- The truck mixer drum must be completely clean with no leftover water or aggregate before mixing a new batch of colored concrete.
- The slump must range from 3 ½” to 4”. If air is entrained, it should range from 5% to 7%.
- Before adding the bags of pigment, reverse the truck mixer to bring the concrete to the back of the mixer.
- Place half the bags of color on top of the concrete. Please Note: Steps 5 & 6 are critical for proper dispersion.
- Slowly move the concrete back to the front of the mixer, and start mixing at a slow speed until the bags are drawn into the concrete mix. Mix slowly for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the speed of the mixer to a medium-high rotation for 2-3 minutes.
- Reverse the mixer to bring the concrete to the back of the mixer and add the remainder of the color bags.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 with the other half of the bags.
- Move the concrete mix from the front to the back of the mixer 3 or 4 times to pick up any pigment and concrete that may not have been incorporated into the mix.
- Mix for a total of 10 to 15 minutes at regular mixing speed.