Interstar Integral Color for Ready-Mix Concrete Pigments (15 lb disintegrating bags)
Interstar Ready-Mix Concrete Pigments are ideal for use in a wide range of applications. This product is best for decorative concrete, sidewalks, patios, driveways, precast, poured in place concrete construction.
- 1 bag = 1 cubic yard
- Bulk Density: 0.3 - 1.2 grams per cubic centimeter
- pH: 4.0 - 10.0
Caution: Never add extra water to a batch of colored concrete. Any differences in slump in successive batches will result in color variations in the concrete. Never use calcium chlorides or any accelerators.
- The truck mixer drum must be completely clean with no leftover water or aggregate before mixing a new batch of colored concrete.
- The slump must range from 3 ½” to 4”. If air is entrained, it should range from 5% to 7%.
- Before adding the bags of pigment, reverse the truck mixer to bring the concrete to the back of the mixer.
- Place half the bags of color on top of the concrete.
Please Note: Steps 5 & 6 are critical for proper dispersion.
- Slowly move the concrete back to the front of the mixer, and start mixing at a slow speed until the bags are drawn into the concrete mix. Mix slowly for 2-3 minutes.
- Increase the speed of the mixer to a medium-high rotation for 2-3 minutes.
- Reverse the mixer to bring the concrete to the back of the mixer and add the remainder of the color bags.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 with the other half of the bags.
- Move the concrete mix from the front to the back of the mixer 3 or 4 times to pick up any pigment and concrete that may not have been incorporated into the mix.
- Mix for a total of 10 to 15 minutes at regular mixing speed.
Note: Always place the first concrete down the chute of each load on the bottom of the slab.See More