Schönox MR18 Moisture Mitigation Sytem 2.6 Gallon
Schönox MR18 is suitable for use:
- On unheated, moisture-resistant cement based substrates with residual moisture before applying SCHÖNOX underlayments prior to install flexible coverings as well as wood floor.
- Up to 93% RH or 12 lbs./1000 sq.ft./24 hrs. SCHÖNOX MR 18 is applied as a one-coat system.
- Above 93% RH or 12 lbs./1000 sq.ft./24 hrs. up to 96% RH or 18 lbs./1000 sq.ft./24 hrs. SCHÖNOX MR 18 is applied as a two-coat system.
- SCHÖNOX MR 18 can be used as a one coat system to solidify substrates such as wood, gypsum or adhesive residues building up a closed film.
- Basis: polyurethane resin
- Color: blue
- Density: 1.18 kg/l (mixture)
- Storage temperature: not below 41°F
- Working temperature: not below 59 °F floor temperature
- Coverage per unit: 1000 sq.ft. (based on one coat system) 500 sq.ft. (based on two coat system)
- Ready to apply 2nd coat: approx. 1 hour (or dry to the touch) ready for leveling (after applying final coat): - approx. 1 hour (or dry to the touch)
Recommended method of working
- Schönox MR 18 is stirred or shaken before use.
- Apply Schönox MR 18 evenly, avoiding puddles using a foam roller or 1/4“ nap roller.
- Apply the first coat of Schönox MR 18 building up a closed film. When required, the 2nd coat is applied crosswise after a waiting time of approx.1 hour.
- After a drying time of approx. 1 hour (no transfer to the touch) prime with Schönox SHP following the referring product data sheet prior to install a cement based Schönox underlayment or patching compound. Allow Schönox MR 18 to dry overnight prior to install a synthetic gypsum based Schönox underlayment or patching compound.
- Alternatively wood floor can be installed directly to Schönox MR 18 after a drying time of at least 2 hours and within 48 hours using the wood floor adhesive Schönox MSP Classic.
- If any following materials are not applied within the first 48 hours after drying of Schönox MR 18, then always rough the top surface of Schönox MR 18 up using a suitable pad, but without affecting the moisture mitigation properties.