Schönox TS Impact Sound and Heat Insulation Underlayment
Schönox TS Impact sound insulation underlayment is suitable for improving impact sound insulation, heat insulation, and living comfort in residential areas.
- Basis: granules of cork and urethane
- Color: brown / black mi
- Material thickness: appox. 3 mm / 1/8”
- Sheet width: 1,00 m / 3.28 ft
- Roll length: 20 m / 65.61 ft
- Roll weight: approx. 33 kg / 72.75 lb
- Mass per unit area: approx. 1,65 kg/m2 / 0.34 lb/sq.ft.
- Impact Insulation Class: - approx. 17 dB following ISO 10140 (sound improvement without floor covering)
- Impact Insulation Class: - dIIC 20dB following ASTM E2179 (increase in impact insulation when installed underneath SCHÖNOX APF)
- Thermal insulation: approx. 0.04 m² K/W following ISO 8302
- Temperature resistance: -30°C up to +80°C / -22°F up to 176°F
Recommended method of working:
- Always acclimate accordingly prior to the installation.
- Precut Schönox TS in released condition as required. Schönox TS is laid out sheet to sheet, but 90° to the proposed direction of the floor covering to be installed.
- Schönox TS is fully bonded to the properly prepared substrate and rubbed or rolled down after installation. We recommend to use Schönox EMICLASSIC, General Purpose Acrylic Adhesive, to install Schönox TS to suitable substrates and to install suitable floor coverings to Schönox TS following the technical data sheet.
- Suitable wood flooring (engineered wood, tongue and groove) is installed using a suitable Wood Floor Adhesive.
- After installing Schönox TS using Schönox EMICLASSIC, Schönox APF may be installed over Schönox TS at a minimum thickness of ¼” (after priming with Schönox SHP) achieving loading capability and impact sound insulation as mentioned above following ASTM C627 and ASTM E2179.
- When installing SchönoxTS over wood substrates or ceramic tiles, prepare voids and joints accordingly to avoid telegraphing after intensive use of the new floor covering.
- Always install an adequate number of properly located test areas to include the finish flooring, to determine the suitabilityof the product for its intended use.
- As the resistance of resilient floor coverings to castor wheels and indentation can be affected when installed to SchönoxTS, always contact and rely upon the floor covering manufacturer for specific directions such as substrate requirements, adhesive selection and intended end use of the product. If higher loadings are to be expected, Schönox RENOTEX may be embedded into a skim coat of Schönox SL over Schönox TS to reduce the risk of indentations.
- Schönox cannot be held responsible for plasticizer migration from old resilient floor coverings resulting in discolorations of the new floor covering to be installed. When necessary, reduce the risk of plasticizer migration of non-porous resilient floor coverings by applying Schönox SHP prior to a skim coat of SCHÖNOX SL.