Schonox VD Acrylic Primer - 2.6 Gallon
SCHÖNOX VD is easily diluted with water and can be used on both interior and exterior walls and floors. It is for use prior to applying SCHÖNOX underlayments on porous and non porous subsrates in interior and exterior settings.
SCHÖNOX VD is suitable for:
- To reduce absorbency of:
- cement, concrete, rapid cement screed
- To improve adhesion prior to leveling on:
- ceramic tiles, natural and synthetic stone, leveling compounds, old water-resistant adhesive residues and all other smooth, sound, stable and moisture-resistant substrates
- To protect against moisture from the leveling compound on:
- wood, OSB boards, particle boards and gypsum substrates
SCHÖNOX VD Case Studies:
- Coverage: diluted 1:1: approximately 1500 square feet
- diluted 1:3: approximately 2000 square feet
- Storage, Working and Substrate Temperature: not below 41° Fahrenheit
- Density: 1 kg/l
- EC 1 Plus: very low emission
- LEED: IEQ 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials Paints and Coatings - 1 point
- VOC Content: 0 g/l (calculated), SCAQMD 1113
SCHÖNOX VD is suitable
- to reduce absorbency of:
- porous concrete, cement based substrates
- to improve adhesion prior to leveling on:
- porous leveling compounds and other porous, smooth, sound, stable, and moisture-resistant substrates
- to protect against moisture from the leveling compound on:
- porous wood, OSB boards, particle boards, plywood and gypsum substrates
- on porous substrates such as:
- cement based substrates, concrete
- apply SCHÖNOX VD diluted 1:3 with water
- on gypsum based substrates:
- apply SCHÖNOX VD diluted 1:1 with water
- preferably use SCHÖNOX KH FIX
- on wooden substrates:
- apply SCHÖNOX VD undiluted
- preferably use SCHÖNOX SHP
Recommended Method of Working
- SCHÖNOX VD is stirred or shaken before use.
- Apply SCHÖNOX VD using a suitable tool such as a 3/8" nap roller, paintbrush or brush. Avoid formation of puddles.
- SCHÖNOX VD can be sprayed (mixing ratio 1:1 or more).
- Clean tools in water immediately after use.
- Always install an adequate number of properly located test areas, to include the finish flooring, to determine the suitability of the product for its intended use.
- As floor coverings vary, always contact and rely upon the floor covering manufacturer for specific directions such as maximum allowable moisture content, adhesive selection, and intended end use of the product.
- Low substrate temperatures and/or high ambient humidity require longer drying times for primers.
- Store in cool, frost-free conditions.
- Shelf life: 1 year unopened.
- Material that has been mixed with water should be used within 1 week.
- Empty canisters and dispose of in accordance with federal, state, and local waste disposal regulations.
- Avoid eye and skin contact.
- Close container after each use.
- Do not reuse container.
- Do not flush primer down drains, sewers, or waterways.