Surecrete XS TruColor Concrete Pigment
SureCrete’s XS Color Packs are conveniently pre-measured to individually tint any single XS bag mix. XS Color Packs are pure, synthetic, iron oxide pigments that are UV stable and contain no fillers that will affect the performance of the XS bag mix being tinted. Color consistency is maintained from sack to sack.
Having pre-blended, pre-measured bags of color can help lower labor costs as well as increase product consistency. Not having to constantly re-formulate color blends every time a new batch is mixed will help to keep all your casted pieces the same color. Having color already pre-blended will help to lower you labor costs in trying to re-formulate oxide pigments to match previous batches. The XS Color Packs are specifically formulated to saturate the portland cement in our Xtreme Series bag mixes to achieve extremely rich and vibrant colors not typically seen in casted concrete.
- Pre-measured Bags, No Guesswork Required
- Pure, Synthetic, Oxide Pigments
XS bag mix
- Add required XS Modifier to a 5 gal. (18.9 liter) as directed by XS TDS
- Empty XS Color Pack into modifier prior to addition of dry bag mix.
- Mix with a handheld concrete mixer with a helical (spiral) mixer blade, such as an Collomix Xo-55 Dual Shaft Mixer or similar.
- While mixing add XS bag mix as directed in appropriate TDS.
- Randomly brush any area where vacuum or blower may have created a visible pattern.
Note: Multiple bag batches may be appropriate; always maintain mix ratio of 1 – XS Color Pack to 1 – XS bag mix for color consistency.
- Estimate quantity of XS Slurry required, allowing for possible future touch-ups.
- Set aside some of dry mix for possible future touch-ups.
- Slowly introduce water into XS Slurry and mix by hand or with cordless drill equipped with a jiffy-style mixer, add water slowly to achieve desired slurry viscosity.
Because job site conditions and requirements can vary significantly, always prepare a sample. This is especially critical for custom coloration.
Contact your local government household hazardous waste coordinator for information on disposal of unused product.See More