Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix - Gray Concrete
Surecrete D-FRC (Decorative Fiber Reinforced Concrete) Backing Mix® is an advanced fiber reinforced concrete formulation of gray portland cement, engineered fibers, and sand designed to allow saturated colors in a convenient dual-component package.
How many square feet is your precast concrete project?
Tip: multiply the length (in feet) by the width (in feet)
|50 lb bags
- Coverage: approx. 9.8 square feet at 1/2", approx 7.2 square feet at 3/4" per bag
- VOC Rating: 0 g/L
- Mixing Ratio: 1 gallon XS Modifier to 50 pound XS Precast
- Density: 120 pounds per cubic foot
- Compressive Strength: ASTM C-170: 10,030 PSI at 28 days
- Flexural Strength: ASTM C-880: 1,180 PSI at 28 days
Fabrication of Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix should be inside a shop. Casting should take place when shop temperature and all materials are maintained between 50°F (10°C) and 90°F (32°C) throughout all fabrication and curing.
Product will dry and cure slower at cool temperatures and conversely, faster at warm temperatures. Full cure is reached at approximately 30 days, like concrete. Although rare, at high altitudes and dry climates, some pieces may require covering with plastic to slow the cure and avoid curling.
- Utilize a handheld concrete mixer with a helical (spiral) mixer blade, such as an Collomix Xo-55 Dual Shaft Mixer or similar.
- Thoroughly mix XS Precast Modifier.
- Add 1 gal (3.8 L) XS Precast Modifier to a clean 5 gal (18.9 L) pail or similar mixing vessel.
- Add Color Packs to XS Precast Modifier (if desired) and mix.
- While mixing add approximately ¾ of the Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix bag.
- Continue mixing until all dry powder is incorporated.
- Scrape sides of pail with margin trowel to prevent dry pockets from forming.
- Add 16 oz (0.5 L) water, mix into a looser consistency.
- Add remaining Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix and continue to mix for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Up to an additional 24 oz (0.7 L) water may be added for a looser consistency as desired.
Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix is designed to cover both vertical and horizontal surfaces via spraying for mass production and hand packing for smaller projects.
After placing CHE[[- 322+NG D-FRC Backing Mix, the sample must be a minimum of ¾” total thickness. For pieces requiring excessive loading, further strength may be achieved through the addition of basalt rods and / or fiberglass scrim.
In hot weather 4-6 hours may be appropriate to de-mold small projects. Cool temperature or pieces with extreme texture will require overnight curing. Surecrete D-FRC Mixes should not be left in the mold past beyond 24 hours, as curling of the piece is likely. A freshly de-molded sample should be handled similar to granite or natural stone, and should be well supported above the work surface to allow the free flow of air around the piece.
For specific directions on cleaning refer to the TDS of SCR.
Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix is not a stand-alone product, and is always used in conjunction with Surecrete D-FRC Casting Mix or Surecrete D-FRC Face Mix. For addressing pinholes and voids refer to the TDS of XS Slurry.
Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix may be ground with 50 grit diamond pad. Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix is not a stand-alone product, and is always used in conjunction with Surecrete D-FRC Casting Mix or Surecrete D-FRC Face Mix. For specific directions on polishing refer +0+2to the appropriate TDS.
Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix is not a stand-alone product, and is always used in conjunction with Surecrete D-FRC Casting Mix or Surecrete D-FRC Face Mix. For specific directions on staining refer to the TDS of Eco-Stain.
Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix is not a stand-alone product, and is always used in conjunction with Surecrete D-FRC Casting Mix or Surecrete D-FRC Face Mix. For specific directions on sealing refer to the appropriate TDS.
100% silicone caulk provides an excellent seaming and adhesive fastening material, as it allows for movement of the precast piece. Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix like any other concrete will undergo slight dimensional variations based upon its environment (e.g. shrinkage or expansion).
Do not use caulking or adhesive that could “bleed” through the finished surface, such as petroleum based products. Large pieces and under-mount sinks will require mechanical fastening.
Always prepare an adequate number of test samples for suitability for products’ intended use.
Before Surecrete D-FRC Backing Mix dries; spills and tools can be cleaned up with water.
Contact your local government household hazardous waste coordinator for information on disposal of unused product.See More