Westcoat SC-37 Nano Stain - 1 Gallon
Westcoat's SC-37 Nano Stain is can be used in interior and exterior applications for light foot traffic areas. There are no caustic ingredients and unlike acid stain, there is no need for neutralizing or rinsing. Choose from 12 vibrant options to customize your one of a kind color on your next project.
- Coverage: approx. 400-800 square feet
- VOC Content: <100 g/L
For concrete, the surface should be at least 2500 psi and have cured for a minimum of 28 days. Prepare concrete to a profile equal to CSP 2-3. You may mechanically profile by grinding or shot blasting. The concrete should be porous and be able to absorb water. Prior to starting work, test existing concrete slab for efflorescence, moisture and hydrostatic pressure. Vacuum surface entirely and ensure that any dust or contaminates are removed, as these will deter adhesion.
SC-37 Nano Stain can be thinned using water as needed. Thinning will affect the depth and intensity of the color. For general use, thinning and applying multiple coats is recommended. A test panel or mock-up should be performed, prior to the application.
The coverage will vary depending on the surface, application method and desired look. For best results, apply stain as thin as possible at approximately 400-800 square feet per gallon.
If different batches or more than one container of SC-37 are to be used, all material should be boxed or mixed together prior to application. All material should be shaken before use and should be shaken periodically during use. Nano Stain can be strained or filtered before application, if needed. SC-37 may be applied using a pump sprayer, airless sprayer, broom or other application methods depending on the desired look. Prior to application, a mock-up should be performed to verify the desired color and effect. Do not apply when temperature is below 50°F or above 90°F. The surface may be dampened with water before applying the stain. SC-37 should be applied in light applications. A fine mist of stain or water can be applied, should brush or broom marks appear. Different colors may be applied at the same time for a variegated finish. Recoat in 1/2 to 1 hour at 70°F, if needed.
Uncured material should be removed with soap and warm water. Cured material should be removed mechanically or with an environmentally-safe solvent.
- This product is designed for professional use only.
- Do not apply at temperature below 50°F or above 90°F.
- Be sure to paper off any areas that you do not want stained.
- Will not hide imperfections or stains in concrete.
- Nano Stain will stain concrete and can produce a mottled look. Colors and effects will vary.
- If concrete is not prepped properly and/or stain is applied too thick, it may peel.
- Nano Stain must be sealed.
- SC-37 is designed to resist fading, especially when sealed, but no material is fade-proof when subjected to ultraviolet rays and the elements. Westcoat cannot guarantee any color or material from fading, when exposed to ultraviolet rays.
- Do not allow any Westcoat products to freeze.